Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I can’t see the stars tonight

Flashes of light, green, blue and red, bright
Light up the sky, tonight
But I can’t see the stars tonight.

Greenhouse gases make the air difficult to breathe
My eyes burn as smoke from the millions fill the night
I can’t even see the stars tonight

The noise, makes it harder for me to hear,
I can’t think, or hear the the baby crying,
I can’t even see the stars tonight.

Coughing, sneezing, wheezing
Hundreds will find death closer…
They will not see the stars tonight.

It will be daylight soon
And morning walkers will choke in the smog

It’s bright all right but I know…
I wont see the stars tonight.



On the festival of lights in Bombay.

2 comments:

  1. u cant see the stars tonight ???
    look deep and they are shining bright..

    u cant see them, cos ur heart is crying..
    ur eyes r burning , cos the tears are drying..

    the festive lights- is just a reason..
    dont worry there will soon be a change of season..

    wipe the tears, get rid of ur fears..
    m sure u will see the stars tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  2. and another one... seriously... come out n start publishing...

    ReplyDelete