Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The smile

It was sudden, and came, like a bolt from the blue…
It was beautiful, and not just coz I’m telling you…

She flashed it once, ‘n’ though it wasn’t at me…
It shone like a star, ‘n’ at once I felt free…

The sound of violins, or a flute and mellow singing…
Couldn’t match up to the music I heard that evening…

The evening was lit up and so was the night…
Darkness was banished whenever she smiled…

That day was then and this day is now…
I’ve been watching and waiting and living somehow…

Hoping that someday, she will turn to me…
Wishing that someday, she will smile at me…

This I must tell you, get it out of my brain…
I’d give half of my world, just to see her smile again…

Now don’t get me wrong, this is not a boyish crush…
Nor is it the heart, in its mad blushing rush…

An invitation of friendship, boundless and pure…
So I can see her smile more often, which was once so rare…

Her smile…

To the girl with the beautiful smile.

6 comments: