Saturday, May 19, 2007

At Night (My Tryst With Destiny)

There was a time at night when i sat up...
drinking... cursing the world... smoking... searing my lungs... crying tears of blood... thinking of my cruel luck... of days past... fruitless and black... and of the future... bleak...

Then there was a time at night when i sat up...
treasuring your presence in the room... watching you in beautiful sleep... fanning you when the lights went out... on a warm night... trying to keep you cool... observing your angelic demeanour... even in sleep so graceful... so beautiful... thanking the lord... for having changed my entire life... for giving me you... running my hand through your hair... just seeing you... taking it all in... breathing in whiffs of your body's aroma... picturing a future with one of gods most beautiful creations... you... holding you in my lap... not stirring... for fear that you'd wake up...

Now there is a time at night when i sit up...
drinking... cursing the world... smoking... searing my lungs... crying tears of blood... I've lost you... you've gone away... thinking of my cruel luck... how could i be so stupid... i broke your trust in me... thinking of days past... so beautiful... so colorful... and complete... i destroyed it with my own hands... shattered my life into a million pieces... thinking of my future... so lonely... so forlorn... so incomplete... so bleak...

When i sit up at night...
All i do is miss you...

On Love Lost

3 comments:

  1. Its Beautiful Mervin.....

    Never ever stop writing..... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rendered me speechless and restless..powerful yet softly put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure wont leena... n thanks again sonal...

    ReplyDelete