Friday, November 26, 2010

The crying beauty by the sea


I remember now, i saw into your eyes, not many years ago
And pain looked back at me
You sat there on that bench, staring at the sea

The wind, salty and harsh, blew a foamy spray in your face
Unblinking, with tears in your eyes you were, looking far into open space

What troubles, i wonder, put a furrow on your brow
Who was it that put you in this predicament?
What makes you ignore your drenched clothes, sitting there, it's freezing and i wonder how

Lean on me, my shoulder's yours
Here, wipe your tears, your mascara stains your face
Lending to you a different beauty, though it means you're in pain

Get up now, hold my hand, walk with me
Sunset approaches, the night is near
The hounds are a howling, their hunger awakening
Be wary now, hostility is a linger, don't worry now, you have me here

And then she came, she walked with me
Far into the darkness, her fears at rest
Away from the pain and her travails
The castaway, the beautiful angel, that discarded best

4 comments:

  1. Though I've read it before, I still find it fresh and lovely everytime i read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Cheers for this particular post! It absolutely was very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate your spending some time to publish such a valuable blogs, it's recently been worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks kita! and thanks anonymous poster... hope it didnt drive you over the edge in it's usefulness... ;)

    ReplyDelete