Saturday, September 22, 2012

Come to me, mistery


I tired of the wait
It was torture
So I took a walk
And hoped to find you
In the milling crowds
On the bustling streets
All lit up in festive fervour
And loneliness greeted me
For you were not to be found
Why? Why are you so far away?
Yet always on my mind?
So I started another search
One that would take me places
From the very space I sat
In the hope that i would find
The mist that is you
And I found from many years ago
The very words that poured from your heart
Emotions that took the form of poetry
Closer to you they brought me
While you slept, beautiful and free
I waited for morning light
From halfway across the world
And yet while I wandered
You crept into my consciousness
And left without making a sound
And now I wait again
For your return
As a figment of my imagination
Or as sunshine
Bright and warm and real
Take pity on me then
A worthless human
And come to me again
For ethereal as you are
To me, you're as real, as real can be

4 comments: