Friday, October 5, 2012

Patriot?

Here are a few questions, should someone care to answer them.

Why should I be a patriot?
Why should I stand up when the national anthem is played?
Why should the national anthem be played before a movie at the theatre?
Why force patriotism on me?
Why am I required to not just listen to, but stand up and respect the national anthem, when all I wanted to do was watch the movie I bought the tickets to?
Why then, is the national anthem also not played on television before every movie?
Why should I be a patriot because I live in a country or I was born in it or my parents were?
Why does a woman from the same country get raped or beaten or abused?
Why do the cops treat the citizens of the country like they were dogs?
Why do I have to take permission to be outdoors or at a club or pub or disco or bar or restaurant from the moral police of this country?
Why should I pay taxes?
Why can I not be seen in public holding hands with or hugging or kissing the one I love?
Who the fuck are you to tell me I should love any country?
Who do I hold responsible for the scams?
Who said this is a poor country?
Who do I hold responsible for my family's safety?
Where does all the money from all the scams go?
Where is the freedom that the constitution promises to protect?
What makes your god better than anyone else's?
What is the rate at which I can measure the world's downfall?
Why are temples so rich and people so poor?
Why are politicians such assholes?
Why do we vote these assholes into power?
Why should one vote?
Why not use love as a weapon?
Why guns?
Why hate another country?
Why throw away or burn so much money?
Why reservations?
Who ensures the right to life?
Why are we destroying the planet?
Why nuclear power?
Why NOT leave for greener pastures?
Why drugs?
Why corporate slavery?
Why not solar power?
Why poach?
Why do you like tiger skins and elephant tusks and the furs of other animals to make you look beautiful?
What makes you so perfect?
What is science if not the pursuit of progress?
Why abuse science to further personal interests?
Why poverty?
Why economical instability?
Why turnovers of millions?
Why is one state richer than the other?
Why do some people drive a rolls royce when some others cannot afford a bicycle?
Why should I be politically correct but it is okay for me to be grammatically incorrect?
Why should I not punch square in the jaw the person who teases and gropes women in buses?
Why should I not drive a knife through the heart of the person who rapes?
Why should I be patriotic if it means I should shut up about everything that's wrong about this country?
Why should I leave this country?
Why should I not  raise my voice enough that more people sit up and take notice?
Am I alone?

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! U've covered all the questions one can have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 64 years back Winston Churchill wrote about India that the Power will go to Rascals,Rogues... That time Nehru retaliated by saying that India will be the most peace loving country in the world and no matter whatever happens Indians will be like Brothers. Nehru lost to Churchill...

    ReplyDelete